Municipal Court-Medford Lakes & Shamong Township
Court sessions are normally held the first Monday of the month unless it falls on a holiday. Sign in starts at 1:30 p.m. for all First Appearances and 3:30 p.m. for Attorney, Public Defender and other matters.
Violation Payment Window
The violation payment window is open to the public during business hours. If you are unable to make it to the office during business hours and do not wish to mail in your payment, you are welcomed to use the drop box located on the outside of the building to the right of the front doors. Payments can also be made by credit card or debit card online on the New Jersey Courts website. Credit card payments are not accepted over the phone.
Helpful Phone Numbers
- Lawyer Referral Service of Burlington County Bar Association: 609-261-862
- This service provides legal referrals in a particular field of law in which the client needs help. Attorneys will have an initial consultation with client for a reduced fee.
- Office on Aging, Human Services Facility: 609-265-5069
- Legal Aid is one of the many services provided by the County Office on Aging to the residents of Burlington County who are over the age of 60. This service provides legal advice, but does not provide representation in the municipal courts.
- What Types of Cases are Heard in Municipal Court?
- When is a Court Appearance Required?
- Is Medford Lakes Court handicapped accessible?
- I want to sign a complaint. How do I do this?
- I need to change my court date. How do I do this?
- What is mediation?
- I need an attorney but cannot afford one. Can I be represented by the public defender?
- Can you recommend an attorney?
- I received a subpoena to testify from your court. Do I have to appear?
- I received a legal notice indicating a change of court date, but never received an actual subpoena. Do I have to appear?
- I have posted bail money. When can I get it back?
- I understand a warrant for arrest has been issued against me. What do I do?
- The Judge said my fine was $100, why am I paying more?
- Why did the Judge order me to pay more than the amount indicated on the traffic summons?
- When does my ticket have to be paid by?
- How many points does this ticket have?
- The officer said I could pay this ticket. Why do I have to appear in court?
- I would like to plead guilty to a lesser charge. What do I do?
- My driver’s license was suspended because I did not pay my ticket. How do I take care of this?
- How may I obtain a receipt for a ticket previously paid?
- I lost my ticket and don’t know how much it is. What should I do?
- Can I make payment by credit card?