During these uncertain and unprecedented times, I, the borough council members, and borough manager want to keep you updated. We want to thank you for your understanding and cooperation with adherence to social distancing and stay at home practices. We understand this is not easy for everyone and a disruption to everyone’s life. Please know we are all in this together and are here for you. It’s important to remember that we must all do our part as this new mandate will help to flatten the curve and limit future exposures and will ultimately save lives.
Today, the state announced that there is a total of 19 confirmed COVID19 cases in Burlington County. There are none in Medford Lakes at this time.
· The Lions organization has offered to assist with helping obtain and providing for those in need. If you or anyone you know has a need, or would like to volunteer, please email the Medford Lakes Lions at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The trash and recycle pickups will operate at the normal schedules. Saturday large trash drop off has been suspended
· Borough meetings—council and planning board— will be moving to an online platform. More details to follow (updates will be posted on the borough website. You can also sign up for text notifications on the borough website https://www.medfordlakes.com
· Election-Governor Murphy has confirmed that the May election will be through mail-in ballots only. There will be no voting booth locations on May 12. The ballots will be mailed to all registered votes in the next few weeks. The ballots must be returned prior to the May 12 election date.
· Please continue to stay at home and only venture out when it is necessary. Do not gather in groups at friends’ homes or on the beaches. Continue to practice social distancing. Please continue to check on your friends and neighbors that are elderly or have conditions that prevent them from being able to get out and obtain the items they need. Today Governor Murphy has mandated that non-essential retail businesses be closed effective 9pm tonight. Grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, hardware/home improvement, and liquor stores will remain open. For a complete list of essential businesses that will remain open please see https://covid19.nj.gov
I have been in contact with state officials and during a recent call it was announced that they are working on plans for small businesses and unemployment assistance. There is a mayors’ call scheduled tonight with the Governor. If there is any new or updated information revealed during this call, I will share that information.
On behalf of the borough council, we are overwhelmed with the number of people that have offered assistance and supplies, but we are not surprised as this is the foundation of this community. We are a small town, but everyone pulls together and does what needs to be done for each other and the township.
If you have any questions and would like to contact me, please email me directly at email@example.com