I need to change my court date. How do I do this?

You must call the court, 609-654-7589, to request an adjournment. If you need the date changed due to a previously scheduled vacation or work/school conflict, documentation must be provided. No adjournments are granted on the date that you are due to appear. In the case of an emergency documentation and/or a doctor’s note will be required.

Adjournments are not granted for arraignments on indictable matters or first appearances for serious motor vehicle summonses issued for DWI (39:4-50), driving while suspended (39:3-40) or uninsured motor vehicle (39:6B-2).

Show All Answers

1. What Types of Cases are Heard in Municipal Court?
2. When is a Court Appearance Required?
3. Is Medford Lakes Court handicapped accessible?
4. I want to sign a complaint. How do I do this?
5. I need to change my court date. How do I do this?
6. What is mediation?
7. I need an attorney but cannot afford one. Can I be represented by the public defender?
8. Can you recommend an attorney?
9. I received a subpoena to testify from your court. Do I have to appear?
10. I received a legal notice indicating a change of court date, but never received an actual subpoena. Do I have to appear?
11. I have posted bail money. When can I get it back?
12. I understand a warrant for arrest has been issued against me. What do I do?
13. The Judge said my fine was $100, why am I paying more?
14. Why did the Judge order me to pay more than the amount indicated on the traffic summons?
15. When does my ticket have to be paid by?
16. How many points does this ticket have?
17. The officer said I could pay this ticket. Why do I have to appear in court?
18. I would like to plead guilty to a lesser charge. What do I do?
19. My driver’s license was suspended because I did not pay my ticket. How do I take care of this?
20. How may I obtain a receipt for a ticket previously paid?
21. I lost my ticket and don’t know how much it is. What should I do?
22. Can I make payment by credit card?