Help Us Help You
If any of the following pertain to you, please read through for some tips to help us help you!
Buying & Selling
When you sell your home, make a copy of your bill for your records and present the new owner with the original bill at the closing.
If you have bought a property and did not receive a bill at your closing, you must contact this office for a duplicate bill. Bills are not issued due to sales. Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes.
Paying Your Taxes
Please be advised that the State of New Jersey does not allow the Tax Collector to acknowledge postmarks, therefore taxes must be received in the office on or before the end of the grace period (10th of the Month due) by 4:30 p.m. However, if the10th falls on a weekend or legal holiday, you have until the next business day to make payment. All payments may be made by cash, check, or money order.
Paying in Person
When paying in person, bring your entire bill with you so that we may receipt the back of the bill for you.
Paying by Mail
When paying by mail, and you wish to have a receipt, please send the entire bill with a self addressed stamped envelope or just the stub with your check to Medford Lakes Borough Tax Collector 1 Cabin Circle, Medford Lakes NJ 08055.
- It is quite often necessary to return checks that are written incorrectly. These errors can result in delays that may cause interest to be charged for late payments. By following the pointers listed below we hope some of these most common errors can be avoided.
- Ensure the amount written out matches the amount in the number box! The most common error!
- Your check must be made payable to Borough of Medford Lakes only.
- Make sure your check is signed! Also check the date!
- Please make sure the account you are writing the check on is valid!